Your Reliable Source for Municipal Water
Annual Watermain Flushing
- Annual flushing of the watermains is scheduled to begin the week of November 13, 2017.
- If you experience lowered water pressure, it should return to normal shortly.
- If the pressure does not return within an hour or you experience no water, please contact the Algoma Water Utility at: 426-0335 or email@example.com.
- We will do our best to complete our annual unidirectional flushing with little to no effect on our residents.
Overview of Municipal Water Services
The Algoma Water Utility has three groundwater wells that feed the filtration facilities and supply safe municipal water throughout our service area. These wells provide residents and commercial businesses in our area access to safe and readily available municipal water for home and business use.
Municipal Water Billing and Payment
Billing Schedule and Water Rates
The Algoma Water Utility sends water bills on a quarterly basis via mail or email based on your selected delivery method. Your bill is delivered by the 10th of the month in January, April, July and October for the previous quarter.
Receive your municipal water bill via email
The Algoma Water Utility can email your water bill directly to you. If you are interested in receiving your quarterly water bill by email instead of mail, please complete the E-Bill Enrollment Form and return it to our office.
Mail: Algoma Sanitary District
3477 Miller Drive
Oshkosh, WI 54904
Pay Your Municipal Water Bill
Algoma Water Utility customers have two options to pay their municipal water bill.
- We accept cash, checks and money orders, payable to Algoma Sanitary District. Your payment can be dropped off or mailed to the Algoma Water Utility office. If you have questions, please contact us at (920) 426-0335. Please note we are not set up to accept credit or debit card payments at this time.
- We also offer an automatic payment option to Water Utility residents who receive quarterly water bills. Please complete the automatic payment enrollment form and drop it off or mail it to the Algoma Water Utility office with a voided check. The account holder on the check must sign the automatic payment enrollment form. Once enrolled, your quarterly bill via mail or email will indicate “AUTOMATIC PAYMENT” on the top right corner and the payment withdrawal date will be listed toward the bottom left.
We would like all residents to take advantage of the automatic payment option. Currently, more than a quarter of our residents use this service. This option saves the Algoma Water Utility considerable time and money when processing payments, and it saves residents time and money when paying their bills. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at (920) 426-0335.
Public Fire Protection
In addition to providing water for the continuous daily demand of our residential and commercial customers, the Algoma Water Utility also provides public fire protection for the community. This cost covers excess water to be available (additional storage, pumping and distribution capacity), including hydrants, to provide the high flows needed for fire department practice drills and actual firefighting.
Town of Algoma Fire Protection Fee
The Town of Algoma collects 100 percent of the total Public Fire Protection Fee from residents through the general property tax levy.
Town of Omro Public Fire Protection Fee
The Public Fire Protection (PFP) Fee for Town of Omro residents connected to municipal water is included in the quarterly water bill. The quarterly fee is $21.30 for residences with a 5/8-inch or ¾-inch meter and $27 for residences with a 1-inch water meter. All non-water utility customers receive an $85.20 annual bill mid-year, which is calculated at the rate for a 5/8-inch meter.
For more information about the Public Fire Protection Fee, please contact us.